|Course Name:|| Ph.D. Sociology|
|Sub Category:||Sociology |
|Qualification Type:||Local Qualification|
|Degree Type:|| Doctorate|
|Degree:||Doctor of Philosophy|
|Name of Institution:||Federal University Oye-Ekiti|
|School:||Federal University Oye-Ekiti Postgraduate School|
|Faculty:|| Faculty of Social Sciences|
|Department:||Department of Sociology|
|Study Duration:||Within 5 Years|
|Study Pace:||Part Time|
|Study Type:|| On Campus|
Method of Application
- Candidates should log on to http://fuoye.edu.ng/
and visit the postgraduate portal.
- Candidates should click on apply now to start new
application or Click on login to continue application after payment.
- Candidates should use the Application Number as username and SURNAME as password. Carefully type in your Application Number as
any error committed will not allow your details to be displayed.
- Candidates should click OK button on the dialogue box displayed
and enter their names.
- Candidates should fill in other bio-data and necessary
details truthfully on the webpage.
- All candidates should upload their Passport.
- All candidates should complete the programme of choice and
click on Save then click OK on the message dialog box.
should request their former Universities/Institutions to forward their academic
transcript(s) to the “Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies”, within
the application period. Applications of candidates whose transcripts are not
forwarded to the school shall not be processed. Transcripts being sent to
Federal University Oye-Ekiti can be ordered from any school in Nigeria via the
Electronic Transcript Exchange of Nigeria (ETX-NG) - https://www.etx-ng.com/
Oye-Ekiti Postgraduate School Entry Requirements
- Candidates applying for the Master’s degree programme must
have made a minimum of Second Class (lower Division) in his/her Bachelor degree
- M.A.; M.Sc. degrees run for a minimum period of a year
(12 calendar months; that is, two semesters) and a maximum period of 24
calendar months for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of two (2) years
(24 calendar months; that is, four semesters) and a maximum period of 36
calendar months for part-time candidates.
- All Master Degree Programmes are by course work.
- This is in addition to a research work/report at the end of
which a dissertation is produced.
M.Phil /Ph.D. Degree Programmes
- Candidates who score between 55.00 and 59.99 percent
Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) can apply for admission into the
M.Phil/Ph.D programme on full-time basis. The programme runs for a period of 12
calendar months after which the candidate, on good performance can transit to
the Ph.D programme.
- Candidates in this category are eligible for
conversion to Ph.D. candidature, following a progress
assessment report to be made by a Panel of Examiners at the end of the first
session of registration. Candidates must score not less than 60% (aggregate) at
the end of the first session to be eligible for conversion for the Ph.D. programme.
- These programmes are available to holders of M.A; M.Ed.;
M.Sc.; degrees, with a minimum of 60% score in their Master degree programmes.
- A Ph.D. degree programme runs for a minimum of 36 calendar
months period and a maximum period of 48 calendar months for full-time candidates
OR a minimum period of 48 calendar months and a maximum period of 60 calendar
months for part-time candidates.
- Candidates should note that relevant Courses will be taken
for the Ph.D. studies where prescribed and a Thesis is required at the end of
the Ph.D. programme.